Visit Transylvania Maramures Bucovina
Incoming Romania Round Trip visiting Cluj Napoca – Maramures – Bucovina – Brasov – Transfagarasan – Sibiu – Alba Iulia
DAY 1: arrival at the Cluj Napoca airport; transfer by coach to the hotel for check-in; walk in the historical city center (Avram Iancu Square < Ortodox Church, Opera>, Heroes Boulevard, Matias Square, Muzeum Square <Piaristilor church>).
DAY 2: breakfast; departure to Maramures, visit the oldest wooden church from Ieud Deal (sec. 17), Brasana Monastery, Museum of the Maramures Village (straight and devious roads to the church); accommodation in Sighetul Marmatiei area.
DAY 3: breakfast; visit Sapanta Pery Monastery (one of the most famous cultural places from the entire Maramures area; Happy Cemetery (famed for the crosses carved in wood); accommodation in Sighetul Marmatiei – Viseu area.
DAY 4: breakfast; departure to Bucovina; on route we visit 2 traditional workshops, short stop at the village museum Ciocanesti where we can admire the exterior painted houses (house museum “Taran Leonida”); visit some monasteries famous for their walls, painted on the outside (Sucevita, Moldovita, Humor); accommodation in Gura Humorului area.
DAY 5: breakfast; visit Voronet Monastery (built by Stefan the Great; it is known as the “Sistine Chapel of the East” because of the big fresco placed on the west side, called “The Doomsday”. Also, ” Voronet blue” paint is considered by specialists to be kind of unique in the world); after that, we visit the Neamt Citadel (built during the reign of Petru Musat) and the Bicaz Gorges; walk in the center of Brasov (City Hall Square, Black Church <exterior>); accommodation in Brasov – Bran area.
DAY 6: breakfast; visit Bran Castle (one of the most famous fortified structure around the world) and if the weather is fine, we continue our trip to Transfagarasan (declared by Top Gear “one of the most spectacular roads in the world” ); visit Balea Lake, walk in the center of Sibiu (Big Square, Small square, Bridge of Lyes); accommodation in Sibiu or in the area.
DAY 7: breakfast; departure to Cluj Napoca; on route we visit Alba Iulia Citadel (the spectacular architecture carries the sign of the genius Giovanni Morando Visconti, one of the most important architects in the field of military construction) and Turda Salt Mine; accommodation in Cluj Napoca;
DAY 8: breakfast; transfer to the airport;
-The dinner served at the hotel have fixed menu and includes 2 types of meal, salad and water.
-In the country side dinner includes:
- plateau with local products/soup/etc.>
- main dish <beans with boiled bone, polenta and salad/ meat stuffed cabbage and polenta /mashed potatoes with sausages and salad/schnitzel with fries and salad/pork stew with salad/meat and potatoes stew (papricas) and salad/fish with potatoes and salad/etc>, desert <donuts/sponge cake/apple pie/cheese pancakes/pancakes/etc.>;
- Drinks:1 bottle of mineral/plain water for every 2 persons, half a liter of wine per person, plum brandy/cherry brandy.
– The price is calculated for a group of minimum 25 persons; in case the group will not be reached, the price will be recalculated;
– The price does not include the airplane ticket to Romania and back, entrance ticket to the touristic sites, medical and cancelation insurance issued in the residence country, other personal expenses;
– On request, the route can be changed as well as the visiting points;
– The travel agency reserves its right to change the order of the attractions in the program as well as the accommodation, but this will not affect the price or the itinerary;
– The name of the hotels will be announced 10 days before the trip starts;
– The deadline for the last information about the trip will be 15 days before departing;
– Reservations are made on a 40 % upfront deposit basis;
– The travel agency is insured at Omniasig Vienna Insurance Group by the Policy H no. 24009/ 09.04.2016.